NISA and Skate UK
The National Ice Skating Association, or NISA, is the UK’s governing body for free skating, dance skating, precision skating and speed skating.
Skate UK is NISA's flagship Learn-to-Skate program for beginners of all ages that teach fundamental movements and basic skills. The program is set up in ten stages.
The Skate UK program emphasises fun and continuous movement and is taught in a group lesson format; Skate UK is taught by professional NISA coaches and can be assisted by trained Program Assistants.
Objectives of the Skate UK Program
- To provide basic skating instruction in a group format
- To introduce skaters to the principles of "Skating"
- To encourage and identify "Talented Skaters" so that they are fast-tracked through the NISA system of training
- To promote all skaters through the NISA system of training in a seamless manner
- Goals of the Skate UK Program
- Is taught by NISA professional coaches
- Is assisted by trained Program Assistants as required
- Keeps the ratio of skaters to coach or program assistant manageable to foster learning and individual attention
- Ensures continuous movement - skaters should be moving approximately 75% of the time
- Ensures faster progression from one level to the next. Skaters need to move to the next level as soon as they are ready
- Teaches fundamental skills - expose skaters to many different skills but require the basics to progress to the next level
- Is fun - a vital part of keeping a skater active in the sport is to provide an interesting variety of activities with lots of awards and incentives, upbeat music and enthusiasm
If you require information on Hockey classes times and prices please contact Reception on 01753 894810. These classes are run solely by the Slough Jets
I use to be one of those people that had to hold onto the side to get round the ice. Since joining the course I can now do a full circuit and can skate backwards! The instructors are great and were really patient with me.